Snøhetta is an integrated architecture, landscape, interior, product design and graphic design firm based in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
Since 1989, Snøhetta has established itself as a world famous practice of urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, product and brand design. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently 250 employees.
Administrative Assistant - N.Y.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our growing Operations Team. Must be a flexible, detail-oriented multi-tasker who is comfortable in a unique creative office environment.
We are an office of about 75 design professionals, so the ideal candidate must be able to think independently and self-manage.
The role is wide-ranging and has responsibilities which fall into the following major areas:
- Responsible for reception: answering phones, entering guest into the visitor system, greeting visitors
- Receiving packages, organizing outgoing mail and packages, distributing mail and ordering daily groceries
- Take ownership of the public spaces of our office, making sure that (especially) the kitchen, the front of office, and the conference rooms—are consistently clean, free of clutter, stocked with appropriate supplies, and that the equipment in those spaces is in good working order
- Set up for meeting in the Snøhetta New York office which may include preparing beverages, ordering and setting up meals or light snacks
- Providing basic A/V support for onsite meetings, making restaurant reservations for offsite meetings, and ensuring that meeting areas are cleaned up after meetings conclude
Travel, Timesheets + Expense Reports:
- Assist in booking travel for non-executive employees
- Occasionally help the Managing Partners by completing expense reports and/or timesheets on their behalf
- Be responsible for submitting your own personal timesheets, weekly, as well as expense reports for general office purchases, monthly
General Office Support:
- Correspond with consultants/vendors to ensure our office machines and phones are maintained in good working order and receive repairs promptly when necessary
- Coordinate and supervise deliveries (including managing COI process with building management)
- Keep track of office and kitchen supply inventory
- Order and restock office supplies, kitchen supplies, and snacks/pantry items
- Assist with new-hire set-up (i.e., ensure that a new employee’s desk, phone, email, ID card, etc. are all prepared/requested prior to their first day of work)
- Other tasks as necessary, including but not limited to general filing, printing, scanning, and organization projects, and data entry
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Strong digital calendar management skills (regardless of the platform)
- Some experience using Outlook for email, calendar and contact management is preferred
- Proficiency with web-conferencing software is preferred, including (but not limited to) Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx, and/or Google Hangouts
Communication and Professionalism
- Take direction and work well with others
- Personable demeanor; hopefully laughs easily and often
- Energetic, detail-oriented, organized, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to many varied and immediate requests with both patience and a sense of urgency
- Consistently complete recurring tasks in a timely manner
- A propensity for problem-solving is preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an admin support role
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Office Manager and has a working relationship with the Managing Partners, the CFO, the Executive Assistant, the Office Coordinator, the Accounting Coordinator, and the HR Manager. The Administrative Assistant is a member of the Administrative Team consisting of Finance, HR, Office Management, and Marketing & Communications. The Administrative Team reports to the CFO and Managing Director.
- Please submit a resume and a cover letter to our resume database
- No phone calls or emails please