New York, NY
Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with seven studios world-wide. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
We are looking for an Accounting Coordinator to join our growing Finance team based in New York. This position will report to the CFO and focus on supporting the financial operations of our studio. This person will be the first point of contact within the finance team and will help to field inquiries, gather information and support processes. The ideal person will be approachable and friendly and have a knack for getting things done on time with accuracy and flexibility
The Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for the following focus areas:
- Daily invoice intake and processing
- Weekly payment process
- Maintain our scanning and approval protocols
- Continue to develop and improve the A/P processes
- Monthly account analysis reviews
- Monthly adjusting entries when applicable
- Review and process employee generated expense reports bi-weekly
- Monthly project expenses reviews
- Coordinate with Project Accountant & Project Managers to ensure timely and accurate expense reporting.
- Continue to develop and improve the Expense Report processes
Accounts Receivable / Project Costing
- Monthly collection reviews and outreach
- Weekly posting of cash receipts
- Monthly sub-consultant expense accrual schedule
- Coordinate with Project Accountant & Project Managers to ensure timely and accurate sub-consultant reporting.
- Main support contact within the Finance Team. You will be expected to field all internal and external inquires.
- Support during month-end closings
- Support during year-end audit and any other statutory audits.
- Strong with MS Office Suite skills, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Organized, detail oriented with good task management skills
- Professional demeanor, ability to be trusted with confidential and sensitive information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in a professional services organization (preferred)
- Experience with Deltek Vision software (preferred)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a role of similar capacity
This Accounting Coordinator sits on the Finance Team and will report to the CFO while working closely with the Sr. Staff Accountant. The role will also liaise with our Leadership team, Office Administrative team, and Project Managers. The Accounting Coordinator is a member of the overall Operations Team consisting of Finance, HR, Office Administration, and Business Development & Communications. The Operations Team reports to the CFO and Managing Director.
- Please select "apply" and submit a resume and a cover letter
- No phone calls or emails please