Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with seven studios world-wide. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
We are looking for an Project Accountant to join our growing Finance team in New York. This position will report to the CFO and focus on monitoring the financial health of the firms’ various projects. This person will work closely with the CFO & Project Management team to develop and ensure that appropriate internal controls, financial management techniques, tools and resources are in place and utilized in order to achieve or exceed the project’s stated financial goals.
- Project Accounting:
- Coordinate with Project Managers (PMs) the set-up of projects in the Deltek (Vision) system (budgets, plans, costs, invoicing, consultants)
- Review contracts from a financial perspective and advise Partners, CFO, PM on unique firm-wide matters, such as foreign currency, taxation or other financial exposures
- Monthly summary to PM and CFO on invoicing, % completes, and backlog
- Coordinate and manage monthly status meetings with PMs (labor status, outstanding receivable statements, billing summaries and consultant summaries)
- Work with PMs to produce monthly invoices
- Assist with fee and expense analysis
- Liaise with clients and consultants regarding invoices, billing schedules, collection, etc…
- Assist in identifying the need for additional services and the preparation of the project plan including a profitability analysis and reviews such plan and analysis with PM
- Labor Planning/Staffing
- Maintain project management & staffing tools to capture labor needs and allocation
- Work with Directors to run regular staffing meetings to address immediate and long-term needs and adjustments
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Organized, detail oriented with good task management skills
- Professional demeanor, ability to be trusted with confidential and sensitive information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to anticipate needs and complications that are upcoming on projects
- Well written with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables and VLookups
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience preferably in architecture, engineering, construction or design firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 4 years+ Project or Job Costing experience
- Experience with Deltek Vision software (preferred)
Nice to have:
This person should be comfortable with being interrupted somewhat often as our studio has an open office floorplan. It’s important for them to be nimble as they shift from to task to task.
This Project Accountant sits on the Finance Team and will report to the CFO while working most closely with Project Managers. The role will also liaise with our Partners, Directors, and Accounting roles. The Project Accountant is a member of the overall Operations Team consisting of Finance, HR, Office Management, and Communications & Business Development. The Operations Team reports to the CFO and Managing Director.
- Please submit a resume and a cover letter
- No phone calls or emails please