Fleet 4th Engineer
Are you our new 4th Engineer?
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
What will you do?
As a Fleet Fourth Engineer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to the Chief Engineer for the execution of your duties. For everyday work you will be under the direction of the Second Engineer.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a Fourth Engineer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Second Engineer in accordance with vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the Ships operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Ensuring that all tools, maintenance equipment and spares are restored in working order and good condition, or accounted for, after use-not required?
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. You will be open to new challenges and be able to work in a team to achieve a common goal. You should have a positive attitude and have the ability to connect with people.
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- OOEW COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
This is a full-time, permanent position based throughout our Irish and North Sea fleet within our Engineering department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, alison.mackay@Stenaline.com
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
URL to this page