Able Bodied Seaman - Cairnryan/Belfast
Are you our new Able-Bodied Seaman?
Work on the waves and play on the shore! We’re looking for people to come aboard the Stena Line Ferries team and enjoy the benefits of a life less ordinary. Work onboard one of Stena Line’s Roll on Roll off Passenger Ferries operating a daily service on various routes.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we look for people who welcome new challenges as well as sharing previous knowledge whilst working as part of a team. We are looking for an experienced Able Seaman who is competent. Someone who is comfortable being self-dependent and keen also to be part of a small hard working& dedicated deck team.
- The able seaman is responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient completion of the duties required by the chief officers standing work routines, planned maintenance jobs, operational duties, mooring/ unmooring, loading/unloading, marshalling of traffic, securing/ unlashing of vehicles and general maintenance to the parts of the vessel managed by the chief officer including cleaning, painting and greasing.
- Carrying out duties as set in muster list during any emergency
- Carrying out lookout and general bridge duties as directed
- Carrying out fire and safety patrols as directed
- Assisting in the maintenance of all firefighting, safety and lifesaving equipment
- Attending all statutory fire and safety drills onboard and to assist in training as required by master.
Qualifications and experience:
- STCW basic training
- Passenger vessel experience is preferred but not essential. On job training will be provided.
We are looking for someone with the right attitude to learn new things and improve themselves within a well organized innovative and safety conscious organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent position within our deck department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 12th December 2022. W. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Emma Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison MacKay, Talent Acquisition Partner, at email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
URL to this page