Stena Britannica - 4th Engineer
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. The successful candidate will be a team player who can work in a team to achieve a shared goal. You will be flexible and have a keen eye for detail.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a 4th Engineer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer/2nd Engineer.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the 2nd Engineer in accordance with vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the 2nd Engineer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
This is a full-time, permanent position based onboard Stena Britannica within our Engine department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
URL to this page