Stena Britannica - 3rd Engineer
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!
Are you a marine engineer looking for a workplace that is fast-paced and dynamic, where no day is like the other?
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry CompanyStena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!
What will you do?
As a Third Engineer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to the Chief Engineer for the execution of your duties. For everyday work you will be under the direction of the Second Engineer.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a Third Engineer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer/Second Engineer.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Second Engineer in accordance with vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Second Engineer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position, such as actively looking for information and guidance from Senior Engineers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Second Engineers Unlimited COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- High Voltage – Management Level
Please submit your CV and covering letter via Career site as soon as possible. If you have any queries regarding the position or the recruitment
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltic Sea. We employ over 5,000 people, the majority working within customer service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and each other.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We are constantly looking for people to join the Stena Line family who can contribute to our simple, friendly working environment where hard work and fun are the norm! We have over 6000 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, all joining our one company and making a contribution to our company’s success. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe working environment and a good work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
URL to this page