For our Hannover Re Stockholm Branch we are seeking a Financial Reporting Actuary
Hannover Re is the world's third largest reinsurance company with an annual premium income of approx. 30 billion euros and approx. 3500 employees, represented in over 170 locations in 20 countries worldwide. Hannover Re Stockholm Branch consists of P&C departments where facultative and obligatory P&C Business is handled, L&H department manage our life and health reinsurance business. The main reason for the continuous success of the operations is the experience, professionalism, and dedication of our staff.
Hannover Re Stockholm Branch is situated in a modern office space for approximately40employees, which we share with our sister company HDI Global Specialty. The office is located on the beautiful island Kungsholmen, walking distance from the Central Station.
- Ability to understand valuation models, assumptions and define the best possible framework and approach for local sign off (SII and IFRS).
- Compiling a broader picture to understand impact of actuarial decisions with focus on economic view. Training and knowledge sharing with the local teams (Underwriting, Accounting and Finance).
- Coordinate business expertise and drive local insights with aim to support Finance, Valuation and Risk teams in Hannover Office.
- Play a key role in providing analysis for management performance, projected results and engage in actuarial reserving.
- Work with big data and deliver required reports. Experience and working with Power BI is preferred.
- Contribute to projects, continuously reviewing and improving processes.
- Evaluate and confirm planning and forecasting figures. Main point of contact for Hannover Office.
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders such as independent auditors, analysts and colleagues from Hannover Re's international network.
- Degree in (business) mathematics, physics, computer science or economic/scientific studies with a mathematical focus.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Competent skills in MS Office, SAP, VBA, SQL or any other programming languages.
- Capacity for self-reliant development of solutions and to complex problems.
- Structured way of thinking, recognition of complex correlations and solution-oriented approach mind-set.
On a personal level, you can impress us with your strong analytical capabilities and collaborative approach. If you also value a methodical, self-reliant and responsible style of working and have a growth mind-set, our team is the one to join!
The level will be determined in light of the field of activity of the advertised position as well as the skills and experience of the candidate.
- Appointment: permanent, full-time with immediate effect
- This position is to be filled through local employment in the relevant country or by global assignment
Please do not hesitate to contact CFO Jasmina Languric´ for more details regarding the position.
We are looking forward to your application.