The New York and San Francisco studios are seeking Project Leaders (Landscape Architecture) who are committed to the creation and development of exemplary landscape architecture from concept through execution.
About the job:
A Project Leader is a leadership position in the firm in which a person helps define and carry out project vision with Directors and Partners. Project Leaders move a project forward, lead an internal team, coordinate with consultants, and work through all items agreed upon in the contract. They establish relationships with the client and other stakeholders and consultants, together with Directors and Partners, with increasing responsibility as projects progress. Project Leaders develop and mentor those who are a part of their project team(s). They may work on multiple projects at Snøhetta and are involved with employee recruitment and project acquisition efforts.
Beyond what is listed below, we look for candidates with experience in the following areas: Strategy, Programming, Urban Design, and Master Planning. Experience in all of these areas is not a requirement, but experience in more than one is preferred.
The Project Leader is exposed to various work methods which are focused on the following core actions:
- Thinking: content generation of design through various mediums
- Doing: production of drawings, presentations, and general design production tasks
- Interacting: participation and leadership in meetings, project discussions, employee development and studio life
Depending upon a candidate’s experience and background, they will be recognized as a Project Leader or Senior Project Leader.
How you will do the job:
The Project Leader leads the process of design, coordination and documentation for the design team and its interface with the consultant team. Below are just some of the ways you’ll do your work.
Design: Work with the Partner-in-Charge and others to formulate and execute the design direction of the project. Organize, budget, and plan for charrettes during the design phases.
Delivery: Manage project delivery process and advance the development by leading the team in several ways. Assist in developing and directly manage the budget, schedule, team, consultants, design, fee and documentation on a daily basis and adhere to the terms of the project contract. Define staffing needs for the work and enters data into Planifi.
Leadership: You are a leader at Snøhetta and demonstrate trustworthiness, forthrightness, self-awareness, and humility. Develop a breadth of leadership skills including management, collaboration, design, project execution and team development. Actively develop team members professionally through on-the-job teaching and mentorship. Lead performance conversations and reviews for team members.
Initiative: Prioritize and delegate work according to project needs or Snøhetta initiatives. Hold yourself and your team accountable to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are met.
Snøhetta Culture: You are a model citizen of Snøhetta who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. You build trust and prioritize team success over an individual agenda. You are accountable to our work and actions, respectful of others and engage in healthy debate. You are committed to doing excellent work and pay attention to results. You recognize that we work in an evolving industry and adapt to change and participate in a meaningful way. You know the value of mentorship and establish meaningful relationships with colleagues.
About your experience:
- Professional degree in landscape architecture
- At least 7-10 years of professional landscape design experience, with at least 2 years of project and team management
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, MS Office Suite, Slack, Zoom
- Successful experience in a leadership role on large scale, multi-disciplinary projects
- Exceptional design sensibility, talent and rigor
- Experience through all phases of design (concept design through construction administration)
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams, including associate landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers.
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
About our process:
Applications are reviewed by an interdisciplinary team to see if your work, background and materials are in line with our current needs. Human Resources will be in touch if there is an interest in your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we're not able to respond to candidates individually.
Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.