Snøhetta is an integrated architecture, landscape, interior, product design and graphic design firm based in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco. Since 1989, Snøhetta has established itself as a world famous practice of urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, product and brand design. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently 250 employees.
The US offices are working on architectural and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
A Snøhetta intern is an active member of our studio and engages in a way that's similar to all other team members. It is important for us to understand an intern's interests upon joining Snøhetta so we can provide learning opportunities that keep those interests in mind.
In addition to learning from one's project team, interns may have the opportunity attend client presentations ormeet with consultants. They will attend a variety of knowledge sharing sessions which we host in our office including SnøTalks, Lunch-and-Learns and other training sessions.
Internships are paid positions and last anywhere from 3 to 6 months. They are open to students from around the world who are pursuing a degree in architecture, landscape architecture or interior architecture.
Below please find the overview of an Intern role in our studio.
What you will do:
- Actively participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for approval
- Develop hand drawing, rendering, and model building skills
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and construction methods
- Organize and maintain project files
What you should have:
- Architecture, Landscape Arch, Interior Arch student with a minimum 2 years of school experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, Word and Excel
- Experience with physical model making is beneficial
- Hand-sketching and verbal/written presentation skills
The following is typical of someone who thrives in our studio:
- Presents a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Promotes collaboration across all disciplines, with both professional and administrative teammates
- Has a vested interest and experience working with physical models and drawings, including both digital and analog exploratory methods of design
- Provides and receives feedback in a thoughtful, respectful and supportive way
- Has strong organizational and time management skills
- Works with a sense of energy, passion and personal responsibility
- Says and does the right things to make teammates feel understood, appreciated and included
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receive constructive criticism
Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.