Snøhetta is an integrated architecture, landscape, interior, product design and graphic design firm based in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco. Since 1989, Snøhetta has established itself as a serious practice of urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, product and brand design. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently 250 employees. The Oslo office is working on projects in Europe, Middle East and Africa. We thrive to promote sustainability, in all facets of the word.
A Snøhetta intern is an active member of our studio and engages in a way that's similar to all other team members. It is important for us to understand an intern's interests upon joining Snøhetta so we can provide learning opportunities that keep those interests in mind. In addition to learning from one's project team, interns may have the opportunity to go on site visits, attend client presentations and meet with consultants. Interns will be invited to attend our social happenings and professional lectures/discussions.
Internships are paid positions and last about 5-6 months. They are open to students from around the world who are pursuing a degree in architecture, landscape architecture or interior architecture. Our internships for spring 2022 last from around January 16th to till July 1st and are full time positions. Below please find the overview of an Intern role in our studio.
What you will do:
- Actively participate in the architectural design process
- Develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics
- Hand drawings, renderings, and model building
- Prepare presentation drawings
- General office work
What you should have:
- Architecture, Landscape Arch, Interior Arch student with a minimum 2,5 years of relevant school experience.
- Proficiency with Rhino and Revit
- Experience with physical model making is beneficial
- Hand-sketching and verbal/written presentation skills
The following is typical of someone who thrives in our studio:
- You have a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- You collaborate across all disciplines, with both professional and administrative teammates
- You have a vested interest and experience working with physical models and drawings, including both digital and analog exploratory methods of design
- You provide and receive feedback in a thoughtful, respectful and supportive way
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- You work with a sense of energy, passion and personal responsibility
- You do the right things to make teammates feel understood, appreciated and included
- You are comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receive constructive criticism
- You have an understanding of the importance of sustainability and our responsibility related to this.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we're not able to respond to candidates individually. We will be in touch if there is an interest in your application.
Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.
Application deadline is October 31st 2021.
Marlene Fenger Vedal
Team Lead IARK and Staffing Manager