For more than 30 years, Snøhetta has designed some of the world’s most notable public and cultural projects. Since its inception, the practice has maintained its original transdisciplinary approach, and integrates architecture, landscape, interior, product and graphic design across its projects. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently around 250 employees spread on offices in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
Snøhetta Oslo is looking for a climate design specialist to join us in our efforts to create a carbon negative future. In this position, you will have a key role in driving our work in an ever more sustainable direction. Among your tasks will be to contribute with your knowledge in areas such as sustainable materials, circularity, and reuse in various projects. In addition, you will work closely with our HR and operations teams to systematize our knowledge on low carbon architecture and make it accessible to the entire office. We’re looking for an expert in sustainable architecture, a person who loves contributing to others’ projects and someone who is an excellent conveyer of knowledge.
Formal requirements and competence:
- Masters’ degree in architecture or engineering
- Expert knowledge in sustainable architecture
- Experience from complex architectural projects
- Expert knowledge of tools used for sustainable architecture
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively work with project teams on sustainability measures in ongoing projects
- Be a go-to person and guide for colleagues on sustainable architecture
- Work with our HR and operations teams to implement relevant training for all employees at Snøhetta Oslo
- Run our sustainability forum
Desired personal qualification:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, and open to challenges
- Structured, punctual, and organized
- Someone who prefers doing it over talking about it
- A service-minded approach
- Comfortable in deep water
- Dissatisfied with yesterday's solutions and a fearless approach to innovation and re-invention
What we offer:
- Passion for our common goal: carbon negative builds
- An exciting cross-disciplinary and international work environment with wide variation of tasks and some of the world’s greatest projects
- Friendly, including and outstanding colleagues in the world lead of their field
- An opportunity to work with transdisciplinary projects across architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, design and product design
- High focus on personal competence development
- Flexible working hours
- A lot of fun, social events and activities
- A converted old warehouse in the city center of Oslo with a fantastic view over the Oslofjord
- Well-equipped working facilities with workshops, laboratories, 3D printers and CNC’s
Desired startup date as soon as possible.
Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form. Application deadline is October 31st, 2021.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we're not able to respond to candidates individually. We will be in touch if there is an interest in your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Director of Operations
Marlene Fenger Vedal
Team Lead IARK and Staffing Manager