For more than 30 years, Snøhetta has designed some of the world’s most notable public and cultural projects. Since its inception, the practice has maintained its original transdisciplinary approach, and integrates architecture, landscape, interior, product and graphic design across its projects. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently around 250 employees spread on offices in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
We are now looking for a Senior Architect to join our team fulltime in Oslo on a permanent basis. As a Senior Architect in Snøhetta, you will be welcomed into an open, flat-structured, and transdisciplinary team. You will be involved in international projects and given interesting challenges and learning opportunities. Snøhetta is a company that values its individuals, but always in a collective setting. We are proud of having a working environment with high employee satisfaction. The role will report to one of the Team Leads for Architecture.
Formal requirements and competence
- Master’s degree in architecture or equivalent professional degree in architecture (Candidates without will not be considered)
- 10+ years of experience working in the architecture field
- Experience with all phases of architectural design development
- An outstanding designer with complex understanding of buildability
- High ambitions on sustainability and preferred knowledge in BREEAM-certificated (or equivalent) projects
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in managing time schedules and deliverables, contracts, project economy and coordinating internal and external communication on the project
- Proficiency in English is required. Preferable proficiency in one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of climate friendly architecture
Required technical competence:
- Rhino and Revit
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Office Package
- Excellent digital presentation skills
- Highly skilled in relevant project managing tools for complex projects in all phases
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental design tools such as Grasshopper, One-Click LCA, Ladybug and Honeybee
Desired personal qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent, self-sufficient and able to lead complex projects
- Proactive, flexible, and open for challenges
- Structured, punctual, and organized
- Comfortable in deep water
- Dissatisfied with yesterday's solutions, constantly fearless for future innovation and re-invention
- An exciting cross-disciplinary and international work environment with wide variation of tasks and some of the world’s greatest projects
- Friendly, including and outstanding colleagues in the world lead of their field
- An opportunity to work with transdisciplinary projects across architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, design and product design
- High focus on personal competence development
- Flexible working hours
- A lot of fun, social events and activities
- A converted old warehouse in the city center of Oslo with a fantastic view over the Oslofjord
- Well-equipped working facilities with workshops, laboratories, 3D printers and CNC’s
- Passion for great architecture
Desired startup date as soon as possible.
Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form. Application deadline is October 31st, 2021.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we're not able to respond to candidates individually. We will be in touch if there is an interest in your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Marius Hauland Næss
Team Lead Team Nordic Countries
Marlene Fenger Vedal
Team Lead IARK and Staffing Manager