Project Designer/Architect- Portfolio Drop
Although the US offices are not currently hiring for this role, we're happy to receive your portfolio. We have a team who reviews portfolios regularly as part of an ongoing effort to identify top talent. Please understand that due to the volume of inquiries, we're unable to respond to individual follow-up requests. Human Resources will be in touch if there is an interest to have a conversation.
The US offices are working on architectural and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
Below please find the overview of a Project Designer/Architect position in our studio.
About the job:
The PA works on project teams to advance the successful completion of projects, tasks, and initiatives. This is an intermediate position at Snøhetta in which a person has increased responsibility for project design, delivery, and management. They lead and mentor Designers or Interns who are a part of their project team(s). Over time, PAs lead more independently and develop advanced design and project coordination skills.
The PA is exposed to various work methods which are focused on the following core actions:
- Thinking: content generation of design through various mediums
- Doing: production of drawings, presentations, and general design production tasks
- Interacting: participation and leadership in meetings, project discussions and studio life
Depending upon a candidate’s experience, background and licensure status, they will be recognized as a Project Designer/Architect or Senior Project Designer/Architect.
How you will do the job:
The PA is instrumental in moving a project forward, leading an internal team, coordinating with consultants, and working through all items agreed upon in the contract. Below are just some of the ways you’ll do your work.
- Organize the process of design, coordination and documentation for the design team and its interface with the consultant team.
- Create and organize the development of the design for the design team within the established direction of the project that was formulated via the Partner in charge and the Project Leader.
- Lead the coordination efforts with project consultants.
- Contribute to the project delivery process and advance the development by assisting the team and Project Leader in several ways.
- Assist with scheduling, budgeting, and overseeing work assignments of project team
- Compose and assist with project correspondence. In charge of day-to-day correspondence with consultants and Owner’s day-to-day manager(s).
- You are an emerging leader at Snøhetta and demonstrate trustworthiness, forthrightness, self-awareness, and humility
- Continuously refine and improve your communication style and recognize how to tailor it according to your audience. Build up your emotional intelligence to best collaborate and connect with others.
- Support the professional development of others through on-the-job teaching and mentorship
- Maintain professional curiosity and proactively learn about your role and industry.
- Prioritize and delegate work according to project needs or Snøhetta initiatives
- Hold yourself and your team accountable to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are met
About your experience:
- Professional degree in architecture
- An intermediate level with a range of 5-10 years of professional architecture experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, MS Office Suite, Slack, Zoom
- Exceptional design sensibility, talent and rigor
- Previous experience through all phases of design
- Experience carrying projects through technical design preferred
- Ability to demonstrate project and team management skills
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams, including associate landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers.
- Experience with academic and/or performance space is especially valued
Snøhetta Culture & Benefits
All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, expect a person to be a good citizen of the firm who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. Employees are expected to spend at least 3 days per week working in person in the studio. The nature of our creative, collaborative, and physical, tactile work is more successful when it can be done in person in a shared space. We acknowledge the value of maintaining flexibility and providing an opportunity for employees to balance remote work with in-person work.
By joining Snøhetta you will become part of a unique, exciting, and high competence environment that enjoys producing excellent work and appreciates a good laugh and having fun together.
- A multidisciplinary and innovative work environment
- Lots of fun, discussions, and activities both at work and after office hours
- Great colleagues who care about each other and their work
Our robust benefits package is available to full-time employees and is centered on finding balance, well-being and fulfillment at work and home. Some of the ones we’re most excited about are:
- Generous Paid Time Off to rest and recharge throughout the year. Over 40 days of PTO (vacation, sick, holidays and professional development). Plus floating holidays to take time that’s reflective of one’s culture, background, and identity. Our US offices close from Christmas to New Year’s Day, so everyone in the studio can unplug.
- Growth and career development are fostered through our formal Mentorship Program, support for licensure, an educational stipend, and monthly knowledge-sharing events.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage including a fully funded medical reimbursement program and flexible spending accounts (FSA) to cover additional health expenses.
- Family support benefits including company-paid parental leaves and return-to-work plans. Dependent Care FSAs for school-aged children or elder relatives. NY + CA Paid Family Leaves to care for loved ones in a time of need.
- 401k plan with matching and a steady vesting schedule. Company-paid life insurance with the option to top up. Annual discretionary bonus at year-end.
- Connect with colleagues through lunch breaks, company-supported meal plan, and meet-ups in the kitchen with snacks, coffee or other tasty beverages. Or, take advantage of year-round Half-Day Fridays and plan an outing with others.
The expected salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $95,000 based on relevant work experience for the position.
How To Apply:
- Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.
- No phone calls or emails please