Project Leader- Interior Architecture
Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with seven studios worldwide. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, museums, park planning, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
Snøhetta is seeking a Project Leader for our Interior Architecture team based out of San Francisco who is committed to the creation and development of exemplary design from concept through execution.
ABOUT THE JOB:
A Project Leader is a leadership position in the firm in which a person helps define and carry out project vision with Directors and Partners. Project Leaders move a project forward, lead an internal team, coordinate with consultants, and work through all items agreed upon in the contract. They establish relationships with the client and other stakeholders and consultants, together with Directors and Partners, with increasing responsibility as projects progress. Project Leaders develop and mentor those who are a part of their project team(s). They may work on multiple projects at Snøhetta and are involved with employee recruitment and project acquisition efforts.
Beyond what is listed below, we look for candidates with experience in the following areas:
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation and extensive experience in the design and development of Interiors, either stand-alone or within the context of an architectural project.
The Project Leader is exposed to various work methods which are focused on the following core actions:
- Thinking: content generation of design through various mediums
- Doing: production of drawings, presentations, and general design production tasks
- Interacting: participation and leadership in meetings, project discussions, employee development and studio life
Depending upon a candidate’s experience and background, they will be recognized as a Project Leader or Senior Project Leader.
How you will do the job:
The Project Leader leads the process of design, coordination and documentation for the design team and its interface with the consultant team. Below are just some of the ways you’ll do your work.
Design: Works with the Partner-in-Charge, Discipline Director and others to formulate and execute the design direction of the project. Organize, budget, and plan for charrettes during the design phases. Direct and lead the interior design team and provide strong conceptual design input in development of “Design Strategy” where overall design, feel, look and materiality of a project will be defined and presented to either the Project Architect or the client.
Delivery: Manage project delivery process and advance the development by leading the team in several ways. Assist in developing and directly manage the budget, schedule, team, consultants, design, fee and documentation on a daily basis and adhere to the terms of the project contract. Define staffing needs for the work and enters data into Planifi.
Leadership: You are a leader at Snøhetta and demonstrate trustworthiness, forthrightness, self-awareness, and humility. Develop a breadth of leadership skills including management, collaboration, design, project execution and team development. Actively develop team members professionally through on-the-job teaching and mentorship. Lead performance conversations and reviews for team members.
Initiative: Prioritize and delegate work according to project needs or Snøhetta initiatives. Hold yourself and your team accountable to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are met
Snøhetta Culture: You are a model citizen of Snøhetta who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. You build trust and prioritize team success over an individual agenda. You are accountable to our work and actions, respectful of others and engage in healthy debate. You are committed to doing excellent work and pay attention to results. You recognize that we work in an evolving industry and adapt to change and participate in a meaningful way. You know the value of mentorship and establish meaningful relationships with colleagues.
About your experience:
- Professional degree in interior architecture
- At least 10 years of professional design experience, with at least 2 years of project and team management experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, MS Office Suite, Slack, Zoom
- Successful experience in a leadership role on large scale, multi-disciplinary projects
- Exceptional design sensibility, talent and rigor
- Experience through all phases of design (concept design through construction administration)
- Excellent knowledge of FF&E and construction detailing
- Experience with detailed drawing packages, schedules and specifications
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams, including associate landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers
Snøhetta Culture & Benefits
All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, expect a person to be a good citizen of the firm who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. Employees are expected to spend at least 3 days per week working in person in the studio. The nature of our creative, collaborative, and physical, tactile work is more successful when it can be done in person in a shared space. We acknowledge the value of maintaining flexibility and providing an opportunity for employees to balance remote work with in-person work.
By joining Snøhetta you will become part of a unique, exciting, and high competence environment that enjoys producing excellent work and appreciates a good laugh and having fun together.
- A multidisciplinary and innovative work environment
- Lots of fun, discussions, and activities both at work and after office hours
- Great colleagues who care about each other and their work
Our robust benefits package is available to full-time employees and is centered on finding balance, well-being and fulfillment at work and home. Some of the ones we’re most excited about are:
- Generous Paid Time Off to rest and recharge throughout the year. Over 40 days of PTO (vacation, sick, holidays and professional development). Plus floating holidays to take time that’s reflective of one’s culture, background, and identity. Our US offices close from Christmas to New Year’s Day, so everyone in the studio can unplug.
- Growth and career development are fostered through our formal Mentorship Program, support for licensure, an educational stipend, and monthly knowledge-sharing events.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage including a fully funded medical reimbursement program and flexible spending accounts (FSA) to cover additional health expenses.
- Family support benefits including company-paid parental leaves and return-to-work plans. Dependent Care FSAs for school-aged children or elder relatives. NY + CA Paid Family Leaves to care for loved ones in a time of need.
- 401k plan with matching and a steady vesting schedule. Company-paid life insurance with the option to top up. Annual discretionary bonus at year-end.
- Connect with colleagues through lunch breaks, company-supported meal plan, and meet-ups in the kitchen with snacks, coffee or other tasty beverages. Or, take advantage of year-round Half-Day Fridays and plan an outing with others.
The expected salary range for this position is between $95,000 and $130,000 based on relevant work experience for the position.
How To Apply:
- Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.
- Please make sure to include your portfolio or work samples.
- No phone calls or emails please