Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with seven studios worldwide. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, museums, park planning, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
A Snøhetta intern is an active member of our studio and engages in a way that's similar to all other team members. It is important for us to understand an intern's interests upon joining Snøhetta so we can provide learning opportunities that keep those interests in mind.
In addition to learning from one's project team, interns may have the opportunity to attend client presentations or meet with consultants. They will attend a variety of knowledge-sharing sessions which we host in our office including SnøTalks, Lunch-and-Learns and other training sessions.
Internships are paid positions and last anywhere from 3 to 6 months. They are open to students from around the world who are pursuing a degree in architecture, landscape architecture or interior architecture.
Below please find the overview of an Intern role in our studio.
What you will do:
- Actively participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for approval
- Develop hand drawing, rendering, and model building skills
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and construction methods
- Organize and maintain project files
What you should have:
- Architecture, Landscape Arch, Interior Arch student with a minimum 2 years of school experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, Word and Excel
- Experience with physical model-making is beneficial
- Hand-sketching and verbal/written presentation skills
The following is typical of someone who thrives in our studio:
- Presents a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Promotes collaboration across all disciplines, with both professional and administrative teammates
- Has a vested interest and experience working with physical models and drawings, including both digital and analog exploratory methods of design
- Provides and receives feedback in a thoughtful, respectful and supportive way
- Has strong organizational and time management skills
- Works with a sense of energy, passion and personal responsibility
- Says and does the right things to make teammates feel understood, appreciated and included
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receiving constructive criticism
Snøhetta Culture & Benefits
All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, expect a person to be a good citizen of the firm who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. Employees are expected to spend at least 3 days per week working in person in the studio. The nature of our creative, collaborative, and physical, tactile work is more successful when it can be done in person in a shared space. We acknowledge the value of maintaining flexibility and providing an opportunity for employees to balance remote work with in-person work.
By joining Snøhetta you will become part of a unique, exciting, and high competence environment that enjoys producing excellent work and appreciates a good laugh and having fun together.
- A multidisciplinary and innovative work environment
- Lots of fun, discussions, and activities both at work and after office hours
- Great colleagues who care about each other and their work
The compensation for this position is $23/hr
How To Apply:
- Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.
- No phone calls or emails please