Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with seven studios world-wide. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, museums, park planning, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
About the job:
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join our growing Finance team based in New York. This full-time position will report to the Accounting Manager and focus on monitoring the financial health of the firms’ various projects. This person will work closely with the Accounting Manager, CFO, and Project Management team to develop and ensure that appropriate internal controls, financial management techniques, tools and resources are in place and utilized in order to achieve or exceed the project’s stated financial goals. The ideal person will have great interpersonal communication skills and be adept at using various types of software and planning tools.
- Manage the entire financial project life cycle. Coordinate with Project Managers (PMs) the set-up of projects in our ERP system and project budgeting system (Deltek Vision).
- Generate monthly invoices
- Set-up and maintain budget plans
- Monthly costing reporting
- Sub-consultant reconciliations
- Contracts reviews for financial liabilities
- Coordinate and manage monthly project status meetings with Project Managers & Accounting team
- Liaise with clients and consultants regarding invoices, billing schedules, collections, etc..
- Support Project Managers in identifying the need for additional services when applicable
- Continue to develop and improve project costing procedures
Project Budgeting / Staffing
- Ownership of the project management tool (Deltek) workflow
- Coordinate with Project Managers to set-up and maintain project budget plans
- Manage weekly staffing updates with coordination with project managers
- Lead weekly staffing meeting with all project managers
- Lead bi-weekly long-term staffing meetings with Directors & Executive teams
- Continue to develop and improve project budgeting and staffing procedures
- Monthly reporting responsibilities:
- Project financial status reports
- Backlog reports
- Accounts Receivables
- Work-in-progress analysis
- Consultant Fee & expenses analysis
- Ad-hoc requests
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Organized, detail oriented with good task management skills
- Professional demeanor, ability to be trusted with confidential and sensitive information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to anticipate needs and complications that are upcoming on projects
- Well written with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables and VLookups
Education and Experience:
- Experience in architecture, engineering, construction or design firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience with Deltek Vision software (preferred)
The Project Accountant sits on the Finance Team and will report to the Accounting Manager while working most closely with Project Managers. The role will also liaise with our Partners, Directors, and Accounting roles. The Project Accountant is a member of the overall Operations Team consisting of Finance, HR, Office Management, and Communications. The Operations Team reports to the CFO and Managing Director.
Snøhetta Culture & Benefits:
All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, expect a person to be a good citizen of the firm who contributes to a positive, inclusive organizational culture. Employees are expected to be in person on Core Studio Days (T/W/Th) with the flexibility to work remotely on Monday and Friday. The nature of our creative, collaborative, and physical, tactile work is more successful when it can be done in person in a shared space. We acknowledge the value of maintaining flexibility and providing an opportunity for employees to balance remote work with in-person work.
By joining Snøhetta you will become part of a unique, exciting, and high competence environment that enjoys producing excellent work and appreciates a good laugh and having fun together.
- A multidisciplinary and innovative work environment
- Lots of fun, discussions, and activities both at work and after office hours
- Great colleagues who care about each other and their work
Our robust benefits package is available to full-time employees and is centered on finding balance, well-being and fulfillment at work and home. Some of the ones we’re most excited about are:
- Generous Paid Time Off to rest and recharge throughout the year. Over 40 days of PTO (vacation, sick, holidays and professional development). Plus floating holidays to take time that’s reflective of one’s culture, background, and identity. Our US offices close from Christmas to New Year’s Day, so everyone in the studio can unplug.
- Growth and career development are fostered through our formal Mentorship Program, support for licensure, an educational stipend, and monthly knowledge-sharing events.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage including a fully funded medical reimbursement program and flexible spending accounts (FSA) to cover additional health expenses.
- Family support benefits including company-paid parental leaves and return-to-work plans. Dependent Care FSAs for school-aged children or elder relatives. NY + CA Paid Family Leaves to care for loved ones in a time of need.
- 401k plan with matching and a steady vesting schedule. Company-paid life insurance with the option to top up. Annual discretionary bonus at year-end.
- Connect with colleagues through lunch breaks, company-supported meal plan, and meet-ups in the kitchen with snacks, coffee or other tasty beverages. Or, take advantage of year-round Half-Day Fridays and plan an outing with others.
The expected salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $90,000 based on relevant work experience for the position.
How To Apply:
- Please click "Apply" on the bottom right corner to go to the application form.
- No phone calls or emails please